Botulinum Toxin, which acts on nerve endings in muscles to prevent muscle contractions.
By reducing these contractions, Botulinum Toxin can temporarily reduce wrinkles and prevent wrinkle formation.
XEOMIN® (incobotulinumtoxinA) is a new generation, pure+ botulinum toxin, free from impurities*including complexing proteins, which prevent muscle contractions.
By reducing these contractions, XEOMIN® can temporarily reduce the wrinkles, such as Glabellar lines, Forehead lines and Crow's-feet3. XEOMIN® acts in 2-4 days4,results last up to 4 months5.
Varying degrees of impurities* are found in most Botulinum Toxin A formulations due to differences in manufacturing and purification processes. These impurities* consist of complexing proteins, inactive neurotoxin, flagellin and bacterial DNA.
Impurities* in Botulinum Toxins increase the risk of activating the immune system, leading to the formation of neutralising antibodies (NABs) that diminish treatment efficacy over time or even cause complete non-response.
It is important to choose a Pure Toxin with Zero Impurities* right from the start to ensure optimal results with every Botulinum Toxin treatment.
Complexing proteins are foreign bacterial proteins found within most Botulinum Toxins, initially thought to stabilise the active neurotoxin and facilitate the uptake of Botulinum Toxins into target tissue. However, Complexing proteins do not play an active role in treatment efficacy. German Immunologist Professor Michael Martin explained that we do not need foreign complexing proteins, if we inject botulinum Toxins with complexing proteins, the presence of complexing proteins may result in an immune response and lead to the formation of neutralizing antibodies.
Repeat treatments of Botulinum Toxin with impurities* is possible to develop resistance, this is caused by the development of neutralising antibodies against the active neurotoxin, which consequently results in little to no visible effect after multiple rounds of treatments. Choose US FDA-approved Botulinum Toxin with zero impurities* which reduces the risk of neurtralising antibody formation.
* Impurities refer to the presence of complexing proteins, inactive neurotoxin, flagellin and bacterial DNA contaminants.1,2
+ Pure refers to the absence of complexing proteins, inactive neurotoxin, flagellin and bacterial DNA contaminants.1,2
1. Park JY et al. Neurotoxin impurities: A Review of threats to Efficacy. PlastRecontrSurg Glob Open. 2020;8(1):e2627
2. Kerscher M, et al. IncobotulinumtoxinA: A Highly Purified and Precisely Manufactured Botulinum Neurotoxin Type A. J Drugs Dermatol. 2019 Jan 1;18(1):52-57
3. XEOMIN® (incobotulinumtoxinA) Product Information.
4. Prager W et al. Clin InteryAging.2013; 8:449-456
5. Rappl T, et al. Onset and Duration of Effect of IncobotulinumtoxinA, OnabotulinumtoxinA, and AbobotulinumtoxinA in the Treatment of Glabellar Frown Lines: A Randomized, Double Blind Study. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2013 Sep 24; 6:211-19.